Location & Directions
Crossing Borders camp utilizes the camp facilities of a non-denominational mission ministry called Laredo Stepping Stone (see their website at www.laredosteppingstone.com). The camp is located a few miles north and west of Laredo, Texas. The physical address is 377 Palomino Road, Laredo TX 78045.
If you’re driving to the camp, follow these directions:
- From all areas north of Laredo, get on Interstate 35 and head south. The camp is about three hours south of San Antonio.
- From I-35 north of Laredo, take exit #24.
- Follow the frontage road to the top of the highway overpass bridge.
- Turn right onto Highway 255 (Columbia Bridge Rd).
- Go 14 miles to mile marker #8.
- Turn left onto road 3338 (Las Tiendas Rd).
- Go 5.4 miles and turn right onto Rancho Penitas Rd.
- Go 0.9 mile (past a recreation park on your right) and turn left onto Palomino Road.
- Follow the gravel road about ½ mile to a sharp 90-degree turn to the right.
- Do not make the right-hand turn. The camp entrance is through a white wooden fence on your left-hand side.
It would be good to program these two numbers into your cell phone, in case you need help finding the camp: 210-219-4307 is Pedro’s cell; 903-746-4463 is Lee’s cell.