The first camp activity for the summer trip is 6 pm on Saturday and the final activity will end on the next Sunday at noon. For the winter trip, we begin on Friday afternoon and end on Monday morning.

If you plan to drive to the camp, go to the “Location & Directions” link to get driving directions. Plan to arrive at camp on Saturday between 1 pm and 5 pm for summer trip and by 7 pm for the winter trip. For either trip, you may prefer to rendezvous with our group van in San Antonio and convoy the rest of the way together.

If you’re flying to Texas for camp, the closest major airports are San Antonio International Airport and Laredo International Airport. You’ll probably find a wider selection of flights at a better price to San Antonio airport, but you may want to check both airport options.

If flying into San Antonio, your flight needs to arrive on Saturday (for summer) or Friday (for winter) morning or early afternoon—before 1 pm. Your departure flight needs to leave on Sunday (summer) no earlier than 5:30 pm, or Monday (winter) no earlier than 4:00 pm. If your best options for flights (due to cost savings or time schedule) require you to come in a day earlier or stay a day later, we’ll arrange free overnight housing with host families in the San Antonio area. Contact us directly with any questions and/or to arrange overnight housing. Contact: Pedro Orduno, email:, phone: 210-219-4307.

If flying into Laredo (we’d prefer you fly into San Antonio, if feasible), your flight will need to arrive on Saturday (summer) before 4 pm or Friday (winter) before 6 pm. Your departure flight should leave on Sunday (summer) or Monday (winter) no earlier than 2 pm. We are not able to offer free overnight housing before or after camp in Laredo, but there are hotels near the airport.

We offer a shuttle service at both airports to transport you to and from camp. We’ll contact you in advance of your flight to make arrangements. Cost for this service is $5 each way (payable when you arrive).

*** Once you’ve been accepted to camp and as soon as you’ve made your travel arrangements, you’ll need to complete the Travel Plans form and return it to the camp at least two weeks before camp starts. ***

**Click Here to download Travel Plans Form**

Personal Identification Documents: Very Important Information!!

Is a passport required for our camp travels into Mexico?

Yes, a Passport or Passport Card is required for U.S. citizens to travel into Mexico. These are two different documents, and you must have one or the other to attend Crossing Borders. Below are the differences, which may help you choose which one to use for yourself.

A Passport book (the document that has been used for decades) allows you to travel into most countries in the world, including Mexico. If you think you may be traveling to countries outside of the immediate neighborhood of the U.S. in your future, you may want to get a passport now.

Cost runs about $135 for adults and $115 if under age 16. Valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors.

Passport Cards are documents now being offered as an alternative to a Passport. A Passport Card is fine for Crossing Borders travel; it can be used for entry into only Mexico, Canada, Caribbean countries and Bermuda. You can get a U.S. passport card for about $55 dollars for adults and $40 if under age 16. Valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors.

Here is the link for the U.S. Department of State website for more information. U.S. Department of State website for more information.

In most towns, you can apply for either of these documents at the Post Office. There may also be other places in your town to submit an application.

You must have either a Passport or a Passport Card to attend Crossing Borders.

Allow at least 4-6 weeks (often takes longer) from date of application to receive a new Passport or Passport Card. Don’t wait till the last minute to confirm proper travel documents.